ServicePRO® Standardized Processes Enhance Quality
One of the hallmarks of mature Service desks is utilization of standardized processes where possible. ServicePRO® processes help produce consistent outcomes because they communicate and control (orchestrate) who performs each task, how, and when. ServicePRO includes a number of powerful tools that help create and execute sophisticated standardized processes.
- User-defined fields to create customized service-requests templates
- Custom project templates to orchestrate a number of tasks that comprise the process
- Role Based Access Control that enables appropriate individuals (or teams) to view and execute tasks that are assigned to them.
ServicePRO® Custom User Defined Fields
Custom (user-defined) fields are useful in many situations. For example:
- Specifying requirements for setting up new employees
- Designating certain people as VIP’s so their requests ‘jump the queue’
- Entering information that is unique to some objects, like printers
- Collecting additional information that can help to solve a class of problems, like custom software
ServicePRO® Custom Project Templates
ServicePRO’s ad-hoc project functionality enables creation of hierarchical structures that consist of requests, child requests and subfolders for efficient management of multi-task projects.
Each request within a project has its own workflow properties. It can be routed to different individuals or teams, have its own notification options, priority, start date, due date, etc.
The Project Designer allows you to create predefined project templates that can be used and reused to manage multi-task activities, such as setting up and provisioning new employees, change requests like upgrading servers, and more. Once it has been designed, you can easily initiate the project by selecting it from a drop-down list. A project comprised of requests, folders, and child requests with predefined workflow options will be created with appropriate notifications.
ServicePRO® Custom Role Based Access Control
RBAC is security gate-keeper mechanism that determines who has what type of access to which objects. Its function is to keep your data safe, while simplifying the administration of security policies in large and complex organizational structures, and minimizing organizational silos.